Tuesday, August 21, 2007

State Fair yarn, and a first - toe up sock!

So - as promised - a picture of the yarn I'm planning to use for some State Fair socks. It's Louet Gems fingering weight in colorway Terra Cotta. I like how it matches my skirt o' the day.























And next, a close-up of a(nother) first for me. I'm trying a toe-up sock! I tried to make a mini-stocking last year that was toe-up, but was quite disastrous. This beauty is being knit in Colinette yarn's Jitterbug, in colorway "Jewel". I'm so excited about this!














So in all the sock hubbub, some things are on hold. The Spiral Eyelet socks are in time-out until I'm not mad at them anymore, the cute pink baby socks have been ripped out in favor of a more understandable pattern, and the hemmed top socks are, well, chilling by the air conditioning. Which is good - over 100 degrees for several days in a row now!

No comments: