Saturday, October 27, 2007

FOs and birthday yarn!

First up are beautiful, but not prize-winning, State Fair socks, retrieved by the BHE. Next to them are some Lang Mille Colori socks that I finished on the way to VT for our anniversary trip (they're in colorway 0026, using the 4-stitch pattern from "More Sensational Socks"). They were perfect for when the weather was cooler at night.


















While we were there, we stopped by Kaleidoscope Yarns, and I picked up the Malabrigo you've seen earlier, as well as some Green Mountain Spinnery yarn, Cherry Tree Hill yarn, and some Lorna's Laces in "Black Purl". Pictures of this to come. However, here's my birthday present to me:


















Working top left clockwise: Trekking XXL in colorway 84 from the LYS, Colinette Jitterbug in colorway "Kingfisher" from the LYS, Zen String in colorway "Hopi" from Woolgirl.com, Whimzy Pinzy 2 Socks at Once in colorway "Orange Creamsicle" from Woolgirl.com, Knit Picks Bare 462 yards of "I can't wait to dye it" superwash wool/nylon fun from the fam, and 2 balls of Filatura di Crosa Maxime Print Soft Socks in colorway 5043. My feet should be well-dressed soon. :)









And finally - my first handspun yarn. I made my own CD spindle, and voila - here's a little sample. I could bust with pride. Or bust like my stash filling up the closet. You know how it goes. :)

No comments: