Wednesday, January 9, 2008

More Kool-aid, please!
















Behold the amazing powers of Ice Blue Raspberry and Orange Kool-aid! :) This is on KnitPicks Bare, 462 yards for 74% superwash merino, 25% nylon goodness. It's 4 packs of ice blue raspberry with a pinch of black cherry, and 2 packets of orange. I didn't let all the dyes absorb so I could get a neat sunrise effect (sun, clouds, and sky). I can't wait to see how it knits up!

In other news, the second Jitterbug Jewel sock is back in progress, after realizing I had 4 too many stitches and ripping back to the toe (sigh). I felted the tam a bit, and donated it to the church clothes closet - I hope someone can use it!

I also got in touch with a good friend who lives in Colorado... I think I need to knit him something warm, but given my lack of attention, I need it to be small. Any pattern ideas out there? I have some navy cashmere/wool that needs to be used...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's the best yarn colors yet!!! love ya

sgeddes said...

I love those colors! I've never tried any dying - but it sounds like a lot of fun.