Sunday, June 3, 2007

Felt-y Goodness - another project done!

So, a little while ago, I decided to give up all my fur yarns to a wonderful lady on Wake Freecycle . In return, she freecycled to me 4 gallon zippy bags FULL of needlepoint yarn. Well, I don't needlepoint with yarn, just embroidery floss. So... how to use up all that yarn? Felt a bag! It's huge. HUGE. Here's the pre-felting shot, along with what would be end-weaving-in hell:














And now for the post-felting shot, to protect my identity... :)

Nifty, huh? Very Knights of Ni. Now I just need to find some kick booty handles for it, and I can take it shopping with me! Interesting thing to note - some of the yarns didn't felt. Makes me wonder.... color remover?!




1 comment:

Bridget said...

Wow, the bag turned out really well, you are braver then I to give it a try with so many different colors. I just saw some handels on a knit picks cataloge I received, don't know if they would be the right kind for your bag.

PS. Jaywalkers are easy, just try them on as you go as they can come out tight.