Monday, May 28, 2007

Back from vacation!

And I have so much to share! Here we go!

First, the things I completed:

The Moda Dea Sassy Stripes baby sock. Well, they were socks, but then the airline lost my luggage, and when it was returned to me (at 12:37 a.m.), the zippers had been mangled, and the yarn-containing portion of my luggage had come open. So, sock #2 has been lost.


Next, the Embossed Leaves socks! Plus, the "Father-in-Law socks" in progress. Did that on the plane rides, much to the chagrin of the flight attendants.

Oh, yeah - guess who the socks fit perfectly. The BHE (Best Husband Ever).
























And last, but not least, the NEW yarn! WOOHOO!
From L-R : The Great Adirondack Yarn Company's Silky Sock in colorway "High Desert", South West Trading Company's Tofutsies in dyelot 032107-126, and Mountain Colors' Bearfoot in colorway "Bitterroot Rainbow". I can't wait! Thank you C. and T. for taking me to the awesome yarn shop! They have some catching up to do around here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Leigh! Thanks for visiting my blog! Very nice socks! I am knitting up a pair of embossed leaves in panda cotton and it looks great so far. As for the waving lace, if you can keep embossed leaves straight, you can do waving lace. The only mods that I made was to switch the decreases (I switched when I did k2tog and ssk--it made for a smoother curve) and made the heel flap a little shorter (I have size 5.5 feet). Good luck! Grace